Nevin Platt Middle School
Talented and Gifted Programming and Activities
At Platt, the TAG Educational Administrator is the primary advocate for students, communications, and programming in the school.
The academic programming for talented and gifted students includes:
- Platt MS offers advanced classes in Language Arts and Math at all grade levels
- Stellar Fine Arts programs with advanced offerings in band, orchestra, and choir.
- Acceleration and instructional extension is also provided based on student need and willingness
The social emotional programming and support for talented and gifted students and their families include:
- Identified TAG students are invited to weekly 'Lunch Bunch' hosted and facilitated by staff
- Periodic parent meetings are provided for parents of TAG students on a variety of meaningful topics. Many are provided through the Advanced Academic Services Office and staff.
Students may also be involved in the following enrichment activities and clubs. A complete list of before/after school clubs can be found on the Activities/Club website.
- Math Counts!
- Brain Bowl
- Science Fair Club
- Art Club
- Writer's Club
- Spelling Bee
- Advanced Orchestra Club
- Geography Club
- National History Day
- Destination Imagination