- Applications to a school of choice for the next school year can be submitted during the Open Enrollment (OE) period listed above. An application submitted after 4 p.m. on the last day of the OE period is considered late and the student's name is placed at the end of any existing wait list at that school and grade.
- The OE application for families with students currently enrolled in BVSD is now a part of your IC (Infinite Campus) Parent Portal. To submit an application, please log into the IC Parent Portal and select the Open Enrollment Application.
- During BVSD's open enrollment application period, schools hold special events that allow prospective students and their parents to visit the school and learn more about its programs. Schedules of these events are posted on the district OE Events website.
ATTENTION parents and guardians of current 5th and 8th grade students who open enrolled into their current school:
For parents of a current 5th grade elementary student or an 8th grade middle or K-8 student, as your student completes the highest grade in their school they will matriculate to the neighborhood school at the next level. If you wish enrollment in a school other than your neighborhood school at the next level, you need to submit an OE application during the Open Enrollment window listed above.
New starting in 2018-19 school year:
To better align with the current selection process outlined in district Policy JECC-R, the Open Enrollment lottery will be run in two stages:
- The first lottery will occur in mid-January and will include students who live inside district boundaries and students who live outside of the district if they have a sibling attending a BVSD school or a parent employed by the district. The lottery will still follow regular preferences as set in board policy JECC-R.
- Approximately one week later, the district will run a second lottery with out-of-district students to fill any remaining seats available after the first lottery.
- After both lotteries are complete, the district will communicate results to all families. We anticipate this being in early February.
- By the end of February, waiting lists will be produced for all schools and grades the same way as in the past. All students will stack up by preference for on-time applications and late applicants are added to the bottom of the list in the order they were received.