Standards Based Grading
Standards-Based Grading provides grades that accurately reflect individual student achievement in relation to course evidence outcomes as outlined in the BVSD Standards. The essential pieces of this grading system are outlined below:
- Grades are based on multiple and varied tasks/assessments over time within a grading period.
- Assessments vary in format and frequency and may include but are not limited to tests, projects, reports, exhibits, presentations and discussions that are used to evaluate progress toward the standard.
- Participation, in-class activities and homework that demonstrate understanding or skill can be graded as part of the assessment grade.
- The standards-based grading scale is 0 to 4 and does not equate to a percentage based/traditional grading system.
- Students are given timely feedback and reteach/relearn/reassessment opportunities are provided to promote proficiency of the standards.
Please find additional information below.