If you are considering your student to be involved in athletics, they much have a current sports physical (within a calendar year) as part of their registration. Your student cannot participate until we have this information, so it is best to get this done prior to the beginning of school to have on hand has needed.
Here are the district offered interscholastic sports being offered for the 2023-2024 school year:
Interscholastic Middle School Athletics: These seasons will include travel for inter-district competition opportunities. IS competition format (4-6 interdistrict competitions) unless noted otherwise. The fee for this $100 per sport.
- 6th/7th/8th Cross Country (8/18 - 9/20) … 3 meets and a final district meet - Registration deadline 8/22
- 8th Co-ed Flag Football (8/18 - 9/22) - Registration deadline 8/22
- 8th Girls Volleyball (9/22 - 10/27)
- 8th Boys Basketball (11/1 - 12/15)
- 8th Girls Basketball (1/10 - 2/15)
- 6th/7th/8th Wrestling (2/15 - 3/20) … 3 meets and a final district meet
- Intramural 6/7/8th Girls Soccer (3/11 - 4/8) IM competition format; 1 culminating event on the last day*
- Intramural 6/7/8th Boys Soccer (3/13 - 4/10) IM competition format; 1 culminating event on the last day*
- 6th/7th/8th Track (4/10 - 5/15) 3 meets and a final district meet
Athletic Fee (paid through RevTrak as part of the registration process): $50 athletic fee for soccer $100 athletic fee for all other sports liste above
(* A sports physical is required for all Athletic participation)
- What are Interscholastic sports?
- How do I register my child for a sport?
- Is financial assistance available if my family cannot afford the participation fee?
- Is there a registration deadline?
- Are there "cuts" in middle school sports?
- When do middle school teams compete?
- When and where do middle school teams practice?
- Who will my child's coach be and what training do they have?
- How will my child know about practice and game schedules? Will there be a reminder that an athletic event is coming up?