If your student is interested in participating in athletics, you will need to go to this link to register BVSD Middle Schools Activities.
If you are considering your student to be involved in athletics, they much have a current physical (within a calendar year) as part of their registration. Your student cannot participate until we have this information, so it is best to get this done prior to the beginning of school to have on hand has needed.
Here are the district offered interscholastic sports being offered for the 2022-2023 school year:
Interscholastic Middle School Athletics: These seasons will include travel for inter-district competition opportunities. The fee for this $85 per sport.
- 8th Girls Volleyball (8/19-9/23) … 6 game maximum...registration deadline August 22nd
- 6th/7th/8th Cross Country (8/24-9/28) … 3 meets and a final district meet, registration deadline August 24th
- 8th Co-ed Flag Football (9/30-11/4) ... 6 game maximum...registration deadline October 3rd
- 8th Girls Basketball (11/2-12/14) … 6 game maximum...registration deadline November 4th
- 8th Boys Basketball (1/4-2/9) … 6 game maximum...registration deadline January 6th
- 6th/7th/8th Wrestling (2/13-3/15) … 3 meets and a final district meet...registration deadline February 8th
- 6/7/8th Girls Soccer (3/6-4/3) … 1 culminating event on the last day*...registration deadline March 13th
- 6/7/8th Boys Soccer (3/8-4/5) … 1 culminating event on the last day*...registration deadline March 13th
- 6th/7th/8th Track (4/12 - 5/17) … 3 meets and a final district meet...registration deadline April 12th
(* sports physical is not required for participation in soccer and is only a fee of $45)
Frequently Asked Questions about Athletics
- What are Interscholastic sports?
- How do I register my child for a sport?
- Is financial assistance available if my family cannot afford the participation fee?
- Is there a registration deadline?
- Are there "cuts" in middle school sports?
- When do middle school teams compete?
- When and where do middle school teams practice?
- Who will my child's coach be and what training do they have?
- How will my child know about practice and game schedules? Will there be a reminder that an athletic event is coming up?