Cooperative Hands On Integrated Community Education
The CHOICE Program at Platt Middle School
This innovative program is an experiential-based model that includes the following components:
- Alternative assessments, portfolios, long-term projects, presentations of learning and goal setting
- Multi-grade grouping—grades six through eight
- Academic discovery, hands-on activities
- Curriculum-rich fall and spring extended trips
- Approximately fifteen curriculum-rich day field trips
- Student-led conferences with portfolio presentations culminate the use of assignment rubrics, self-assessment and individual goal setting.
- Social emotional learning and teambuilding through co-op
- Community service requirements
We believe that an emphasis on a highly supportive community builds an environment where students develop a love of learning, thriving both academically and emotionally.
|Access to Opportunities at Platt:||