Meet Our Counselors
A Note From Your Counselors
As counselors, we wear many different hats.
- We are members of the grade level teacher teams of the students on our case load. We start with a 6th grade class and we remain those student's counselor for the 3 years they are at Platt.
- We are members of the administrative team, which is comprised of the Principal, the Assistant Principal and the two Counselors.
- We are a member of the Team Leaders Committee as well as the School Advisory Committee (SAC).
- We head up the Platt programs/groups: Sources of Strength (Dawn Suitts) and No Place for Hate Allies (Bryant Strause)
- Together we head up the InspirED Climate program that we piloted in 2021 https://www.ycei.org/
When we work with students we provide one on one counseling to support mental health, social and emotional well being, conflict resolution, and academic support. We also run a variety of small counseling groups that are focused around topics such as friendship and forming healthy social connections, study and organizational skills, family change, grief and loss, stress management and anxiety.
2022-2023 School Year
- 6th Grade Counselor: Bryant Stause
- 7th Grade Counselor: Dawn Suitts
- 8th Grade Counselor: Dawn Suitts
- CHOICE Counselor: Bryant Strause
For any school or personal issues, please contact the student's counselor listed above by grade level via email or by stopping in the Counseling Office. A meeting with the counselor can be setup by clicking on the buttons below.